The Research Cell Loreto College, Kolkata
The Research Cell, Loreto College, Kolkata, was constituted in March 2014 and became operational in July 2014.
• Promotes, encourages and disseminates research pursuits/discipline and habits of thought in both staff and students.
• Presents/highlights regularly programmes, research work done by both members of staff and students. These programmes are both essential and mandatory during the academic year.
• Documentation: The Research Cell sedulously collecting documentation of all research taking place in college, and makes presentations of these. Full documentation of research done in college for the last five years (2010-2014) is yet to be completed.
• Disseminate information in regard to sources of research funding for both staff and students.
• To undertake and organize inter-disciplinary projects of quality research as Minor Research Projects as per UGC norms.
RESEARCH CELL PROGRAMMES DURING THE ACADEMIC YEAR 2016-17
National Seminar on Development Perspectives in the Indian Context
Programmes of the Loreto College Research Cell - 2016-2017
RESEARCH PRESENTATION JULY 2015 - MARCH 2016
RESEARCH CELL PROGRAMMES DURING THE
ACADEMIC YEAR 2015-16
Student Research Project ‘Inter relationship of festivals and the environment: A paper on the impact of Durga Puja on the environment in Kolkata’ on August 22, 2015
Student Research Project ‘Role of Media in the 16th Lok Sabha Elections’ on February 10, 2015
Second Research Cell Programme on November 25, 2014
Research Cell Inaugural Programme on September 16, 2014